For those without prior aviation experience, our Remote Pilot Certificate course is the easiest way to obtain your CASA UAV Controller’s Certificate.
A Remote Pilot Certificate course requires BOTH theory & practical components of flying in a series of lessons to complete one course.
The Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC) is focused solely on Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) and follows a process of competency based training in order to achieve the RPC. If you wish to fly a RPA multi-copter below 7kg and will only fly in Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) the RPC is a good option to take as it does not require you to pass a CASA PPL Theory exam which means there is a lot less parrot learning involved.
You still require the company that you will fly for to hold a CASA issued UAV Operator Certificate in order to fly commercially.
Completion of our RPC course will allow you to fly any multi-rotor <7 kg. That can be a DJI Phantom 2, Inspire 1 or a F450 or Scarab etc as long as it is below 7 kg. At some of our courses we can also provide certification for multi-rotors <20 kg or fixed-wings <7 kg. We don’t just train you to get the tick but focus on creating a professional aviation culture.
We offer 2 types of Remote Pilot Certificate courses:
Face to Face: 5-Day Theory and Practical
- Study online with access to our RPC theory course videos (if you wish).
- Courses are scheduled in major capital cities each week.
- The 5 day course practical assessment consists of the
- RPC Theory training in the classroom
- AROC Radio Certificate
- RPC Theory assessment
- Flight Assessment
- Once all is complete, your paperwork will be sent to CASA and your RPC will be received within 4 weeks.
- We keep the class as small as possible. Usually 3–6 people.
- Price : $2970 inc. GST
Blended Delivery: Online Study with 2-Day Practical Assessment
- Receive study material by mail.
- Study online with access to our RPC theory course videos.
- Complete our online practice exams to complete self-assessments.
- Practise the manoeuvres for the flight assessment
- If you require assistance, book a Skype conference call with our instructor.
- Once you are comfortable with your knowledge, book the 2 day practical assessment at your nearest capital city.
- The 2 day practical assessment consists of the AROC Radio Certificate and the Flight Assessment.
- Once online theory, 2 day assessment is complete, your documentation will be sent to CASA and you will receive your UAV Controller’s Certificate within 4 weeks.
- Price : $2970 inc. GST
The Remote Pilot Certificate course syllabus:
- RTS001 RPA Aerodynamics Rotary
- RTS002 Navigation
- RTS003 Energy Management LiPo Batteries
- RTS004 RPA Air Law
- RTS005 Multi-Rotor Under 7 kg
- RTS006 AROC
- RTS007 Meteorology
- RTS008 Human Factors
- RTS009 Risk Assessment
- RTS010 Flight Assessment
Why train with us?
- Unlike many training organisations, RPAS Training & Solutions will not compete against you. Our aim is to provide you with quality solutions and ensure that you do not feel restricted with implementing your ideas.
- We conduct the 2-day practical assessment in your nearest capital city.
UAV Operations Management Software: Drone Complier
We have also developed Drone Complier: a software package that will help you to comply with all CASA regulations when you use it.
It will manage your:
- Battery health and logbook
- Pilot logbook
- RPA flight logbook
- Maintenance logbook
- Checklists & much more
- It even tells you if you are flying near a restricted area!