Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC)
- Holding an Aircraft Radio Operator’s Certificate (AROC) is a requirement for all aviators; this includes Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) operators.
- Consequently, it is a requirement by CASA that an AROC is held by any RePL applicant.
- The course accredits a person to operate Radios and other relevant aviation communications equipment on-board aircraft and on the ground.
- Successful completion will allow the student to operate in both a Standard and Emergency operating environment.
- The AROC allows a RePL holder to gain approvals, such as the ability to fly above 120m, closer than 30m to people or fly within 5.5km of a controlled aerodrome.
- From September 2014 CASA requires an English Language Proficiency (ELP) test to be completed as well – this is included in our RePL course.
- The AROC is a component of the Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) Course, however we can offer this course separately on request
- English Language Proficiency (ELP) conducted as part of the AROC training.